This policy outlines how we manage your Personal Information and safeguard your privacy when you visit or use the website (the “Site”) of Studio to the Power of 3, Inc. DBA as The Pilates Resource Catalogue (“Studioᶾ™”, “we”, “us”, or “our”).
Studioᶾ recognizes the importance of privacy and the sensitivity of Personal Information. Studioᶾ believes in protecting your privacy. If you have any concerns, please contact us at the address at the end of this policy.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies or other entities that Studioᶾ does not manage or control. This policy does not apply to information regarding corporations or other non-individuals.
The following definitions are used for the purposes of this policy:
“Contact Information” is information that is used for the purpose of communicating or facilitating communication with an individual in relation to their employment, business or profession such as the individual’s name, position name or title, work address, work telephone number, work fax number or work email address.
“Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual, excluding Contact Information.
Collection of Personal Information
Please remember that you control what Personal Information you provide to Studioᶾ while visiting the Site. You can visit the Site without submitting any Personal Information at all.
You may voluntarily provide us with Personal Information through the Site:
- By filling-in forms during registration and making a purchase for a paid subscription to our service;
- If subscribe to our newsletters;
- If you submit requests for information to us;
- If you choose to correspond with us through the contact information on the Site, such as by phone or email.
The Personal Information you provide us may include your:
- personal contact information, including email, home address, and telephone numbers;
- other information related to the subject matter you are communicating with us about.
Use of Personal Information
Studioᶾ may use the Personal Information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to provide you with our service if you are a subscriber to our service;
- to facilitate payment for your purchase of our service through our third party payment services provider;
- to send you the newsletters you subscribed to;
- to respond to your requests for information;
- to contact and correspond with you;
- subject to compliance with applicable law, to contact you from time to time to inform you about updates to the Site, Studioᶾ’s current or future products, or services, other parties’ products and services that we believe will be of interest to you, or to conduct surveys or request feedback on the Site;
- to administer or improve our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, and statistical purposes;
- as may be otherwise described to you when the information is collected;
- as required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Studioᶾ may disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- when you have consented to the disclosure;
- to fulfill the purpose for which the Personal Information was collected;
- when your interaction with us requires us to give information to third parties;
- if we engage a third party to provide services to us (like payment processing, hosting, or data storage services) and the third party is bound by confidentiality obligations;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets or propose to enter into such a transaction, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets or for due diligence purposes, as permitted by law;
- as required or permitted by law.
By providing Personal Information to us you voluntarily consent to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information as specified in this policy. Without limiting the foregoing, we may on occasion ask you to consent when we collect, use, or disclose your Personal Information in specific circumstances, in which case we may ask for your consent in writing although in some circumstances we may accept your oral consent. Your consent may be implied through your conduct with us if the purpose of the collection, use or disclosure is obvious and you voluntarily provide the information. In addition, we may collect, use and disclose Personal Information without your consent when we are required or permitted by law to do so.
Withdrawal of Consent
Individuals have the right to withdraw their consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of Personal Information at any time, except where that withdrawal would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation by Studioᶾ. Upon reasonable written notice given to Studioᶾ, all Personal Information held by Studioᶾ that is identifiable to that individual will be removed from our records and a notice of the impact of that removal will be provided to the individual. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you withdraw consent Studioᶾ nonetheless reserves the right to retain, collect, use and disclose Personal Information without your consent where we are permitted by law to do so.
You may wish to opt-out of receiving certain marketing and promotional messages from Studioᶾ. You may do so by using the unsubscribe link or other mechanism in the email or other electronic mechanism sent to you or by contacting us at the address at the end of this policy.
Site Collection of Data
Like most other websites, our Site may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Our Site may contain links to other websites, which are not governed by this policy. You should read the individual privacy policies of these other websites, and make an informed decision whether or not to use these other websites based upon their privacy practices.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
Individuals have the right to know what Personal Information Studioᶾ has collected about them, how that information is being used and to whom it has been disclosed, as well as to verify and amend that information if it is incorrect. Upon receiving a written access and/or correction request, and where the identity of the requestor can be confirmed, information held by Studioᶾ that is identifiable to the requestor, as well as information on all use and disclosures of that information, will be released to the requestor within the legally prescribed period, except where that release is not required or is prohibited by law, and if necessary Studioᶾ will correct the Personal Information of the requestor. If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct Personal Information, we will explain why.
Studioᶾ is based in Toronto, Canada and the information (including any Personal Information) we collect is maintained and processed in Canada, the United States, and potentially other countries where our third party hosting and other service providers may be located or operate. You understand and agree that we may store and process the information you provide to us in Canada, the United States, and other countries. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in Canada, the United States, and foreign countries according to their laws.
Studioᶾ uses reasonable industry measures to protect against the unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or destruction of Personal Information we collect. While we are committed to ensuring the security of Personal Information, no protection measure can provide a 100% guarantee of security. Consequently, we do not warrant or guarantee the security of the Personal Information or of any email communications or information sent by you to us. If you wish to send us confidential information, please notify us first to make arrangements.
Retention of Personal Information
Personal Information will be retained in accordance with this policy for as long as may be necessary or relevant for the identified purpose of collection, or as may be required or permitted by law, after which time it will be made anonymous or destroyed unless you further consent to its continued retention.
We may change this policy from time to time and such changes will be effective from the date of revision.
Need More Information?
Should you have any further questions or concerns about the privacy of information you provide to Studioᶾ or this policy, including our use of affiliates or third party service providers outside Canada to process personal information, please feel free to contact any of the following people:
Studio to the Power of 3, Inc. DBA as The Pilates Resource Catalogue
1228 Yonge Street, Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2591 St. Clair Avenue East
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Attention: Privacy Officer